11. Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Training (13–14 hours teaching time performed at Sentinel head office)
Provided by Red Cross Instructors, comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
Course Content includes:
The Red Cross
Preparing to respond
The EMS system
Check, Call, Care
Breathing and Circulation emergencies
First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
Head and spine injuries
Bone, muscle and joint injuries
Sudden Medical Emergencies
Poisons (includes opioid poisoning)
12. IAHSS Basic Training (8 – 10 hrs training time)
The Basic level of training for healthcare security and safety officers is an introductory program in healthcare security and safety. Some of the topics included in the Basic course are defining security’s role within a healthcare organization, communicating effectively throughout the organization, using technology on a security assignment and managing high risk situations and areas.
13. WHMIS Training (1hr online course)
For aspiring professionals and employers within Ontario, WHMIS training is vital. This is government-mandated training that teaches workers how to deal with hazardous materials that they might encounter during their workday.
14. Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) COMPLIANT -This Standard sets out minimum requirements to be used when selecting uniformed security officers and supervisors to protect people, property and information through training and testing.
15. CAHSO Training
16. MLEO Training
17. Mental Health Act Training
18. Pinel Restraint Training
19. Pandemic Response Training – Health Screening, Thermographic Temperature checks, Social Distancing Etiquette, PPE compliance, Screening Software
20. Scenario Based Testing of Handcuff & Baton techniques – An advanced scenario based workshop testing handcuff and baton proficiency. Testing begins with physical demands and drills to mimic high-stress levels of real scenarios. Proficient passing of test required to be selected for Healthcare Security Team.
21. Jim Bremner | Stop the Bleed Training
An initiative that trains citizens to manage massive bleeding (we understand at SSHSC the need for this may not be applicable)